Welcome to Mary Day 2001
Tentative schedule and subject to change
Tuesday, August 14
- 6:00 PM - Dutch treat supper at Jasper's in Tahlequah, OK
Wednesday, August 15 - Mary Day 2001 at Lake Tenkiller
Bring enough food and drinks for your party. We'll share a pot luck supper. Also, please bring lawn chairs, quilts, or beach
towels to sit on the ground. At 6:30 pm we get quiet, prayerful and reverent as we watch the sunset. In the past the sun has begun
to spin between 6:30 & 7 pm. Use your camera lens to look at the sun, we have looked directly into the sun since 1992 without
damaging our eyes. Please use your own discretion when looking at the sun. Be aware that current medical information cautions us not
to look into the sun. At the end the evening, we form a circle. We close by singing "Amazing Grace" and "Let There Be Peace On Earth." Each year has been a very moving experience, that renews our faith and commitment.
- Open house at the Kirkwood's from 10 AM to 3 PM. Meditation from 2 to 3 PM.
- At about 4:00 pm we will meet at the Cherokee Landing State Park (at Lake Tenkiller) on Hwy 82, Pavilion B. We will have a pot luck evening meal around 5:00 pm.
- 6:30 PM - silent prayer and contemplation time as we watch the sun set and the phenomenal time with Mother Mary.
Note from Annie: Please accept my apologies ahead of time if I seem aloof and not aware of my surroundings. On August 15th, I go into a state of meditation and contemplation as a preparation for Mother Mary's visit. As it gets closer to sunset, I have an urgency to be alone. You may see me go apart from the group, it's not that I don't appreciate and value your visitit's an inner calling to be very, very still. Thank you for your understanding.
Important! - DON'T FORGET THE SUNSCREEN AND INSECT REPELLANT!
Be aware that we can have very hot temperatures in August--so dress accordingly.
One last thought, please help us pray for cool temperatures, clear skies, and a safe journey for everyone. Our prayer has been answered in the past and it can again this year.
Places to stay:
- Tenkiller Lodge, Hwy 82, Keys, OK, 918-453-9000.
- Holiday Inn Express, Bertha Parker Bypass, Tahlequah, OK, 918-456-7800, or 800-Holiday.
- Log Cabin Motel, Cookson, OK, 918-457-4116.
- Poppa's Wilderness Retreat, 27123 Hwy 82 (near Lake Tenkiller), Park Hill, OK 74451 918-457-0011
- Oak Hill Motel and Suites, 2600 S Muskogee, Tahlequah, OK, 918-458-1200, or fax 918-458-1101.
- Fin & Feather Resort, Rte 1, Box 194, Gore, OK 74435, 918-487-5148.
- Sixshooter Resort & Marina, HC68, Box 248, Cookson, OK 74427, 1-888-SIX-5152, or 918-457-5152.
- Cherokee Landing Motel, Hwy 82, 918-457-4850.
- Chicken Creek Village, Chicken Creek, 918-457-4850.
- Cookson Bend Resort/Marina - HC72 Box 270, Cookson, OK 74427 918-457-5161
- Cookson Hills Cabins & Store - RV Hookups, Motel, Cabins 918-457-5171
- Chicken Creek Camp Ground - Lake Tenkiller. 918-457-4241
- Elk Creek Camp Grounds, Lake Tenkiller, 918-457-5142.
- Petit Bay Camp Grounds, Lake Tenkiller, 918-457-4611.
For detail maps to the Kirkwood house and
Cherokee Landing State Park meeting area (Pavilion B) at Lake Tenkiller.
Here's another list of Tahlequah hotels
The Official Web Site for LAKE TENKILLER - has lodging, restaurants, marinas, scuba diving, museums, float trips, tourist info, RV campgrounds, boat rentals, maps of the areas, driving instructions and much more for the Lake Tenkiller area.
The City of Tahlequah Home Page (TahlequahOK.com) - tells about places to visit around Tahlequah while in our area.
Tulsa International Airport web page.
Or if you own your own airplane, general aviation airports
are located at Lake Tenkiller (Airpark), Stilwell and Tahlequah, Oklahoma.
[B&A Page] [Catalog] [Newsletter] [Preparedness] [Q&A] [New Products]
[Latest Stuff] [Schedule] [Other Links]
Use the BACK button on your browser to return.
Original date: June 22, 1999.
Last updated: July 10, 2001